Sunday, March 30, 2014

Tavi: Discovery 8

Posted by Unknown at 11:08 AM
I pass by mother's old room.  I decide to walk through to her bathroom to examine myself fully in the mirror.  
I have wings.  I mean, obviously I've changed but these wings are definitely new.  It's as though pixels have gathered together to give form to wings on my back.  That totally take the cake over the change in my clothes and my new adult-looking body.  I have wings!
"Don't be mad," Sophie whispers as she peaks around the door frame.
"How long have you been there?"
"For a while.  Are you mad?"
"No, no," I answer shaking my head. "Why would I be mad?"
"Most people get mad when I have an oops," she says softly as she slowly moves into the doorway.
"I'm not mad," I reassure her. 
"I am," my mother says as she steps out from the shadows staring coldly at Sophie.  "What did you do?"
"Uh-oh," Sophie murmurs as she cowers back into the door frame.
"An uh-oh?  You spend years with Katherine's kids with limited 'uh-ohs' but you only spend weeks with my daughter before you lose her?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dragon's Wife Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos