Sunday, April 27, 2014

Holly: Ascension 11

Posted by Unknown at 6:11 AM
Before my eyes is not Molly my twin and best friend, but Molly as I first met her.  Molly, the eight-year old that I modeled myself to match after leaving my hatchling stage.  My legs can't keep me standing anymore,
I fall to the floor as Thomas places a comforting hand on my shoulder.
"Why?" the words choke in my throat.
"You don't need me as your sister and best friend anymore," the youthfulness of her voice shatters my heart.  "It was fun but we couldn't share a life forever.  You've got someone else to share your life with now.  I'll always be near when you need me, but I can't grow up with you forever."
"I'm never ready to lose you as a best friend," I whisper.
"Your grandfather spent most of his life with me, your mother spent most of her years with me, and so have you," she tells me with a smile.  "I can't keep this family to myself forever.  It's not fair."
"Please don't go," I plead. 
"I'm not leaving, but I'm not going to hold you back," she explains. "You've been needing to branch out and blossom for some time now.  You'll be alright, Sir Thomas-"
"Just Thomas now," he interrupts.
"Just Thomas now," she smiles brightly.  "He'll take care of you but you two should probably go ahead and talk to your parents."
"I don't think I've ever met your parents," I turn to address Thomas to see the silhouettes of my parents behind him on each side.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dragon's Wife Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos