Sunday, April 13, 2014

Helen: Revelation 9

Posted by Unknown at 2:07 PM
She weaves her fingers through my hair, decorating and tucking away my hair to set it for my show.  She sings soothingly to me a new song about a fish that fell in love with a hawk.  Once she finishes my hair, she decorates my arms, ankles, neck, ears, and waist in bells and jewels from her collection.  I always bring her jewels back, and wearing them helps add to the show.
She kisses the top of my head when she's finished with her song and my preparations.  I wrap my arms around her neck lovingly whispering thanks in her ear before running off to eat before the performances begin.
Yes!  Pretzel waffles stuffed with sliced ham!  I can really pull through the day on this.
After polishing through my breakfast, I slowly make my way to the performance area.  No rush since I'm the final performance.  The brothers Ion and Nicu perform using poi.  Mala performs a sensuous routine with her ball python.  Boldo and his wife, Simza demonstrate throwing knives; Simza throws knives at the board behind Boldo as her performs various dexterous acts of upper body before they switch.  When they switch, Boldo throws blade-tipped cards as Simza bends and stretches.  I spot the tiny Zindelo, pulling patrons out for the appointments with Mommy Vedunny.  The price for her appointments during the performance are more costly and more time than not the patron buys another performance ticket to view what they might have missed.  Profit.
Finally, my turn has arrived.  I begin singing before I begin my way in my front of the audience, allowing the song to introduce me to them.  I sing the same song Mommy Vedunny sang to me this morning as my feet begin to pull my body into motion.  In the twists, dips, dives, and bends of both my voice and my body, I express the tale.  The joy of the love between Goldfish and Lord Hawk, the sadness between the two at Lady Hawk's disapproval and the judgment, and the disappointment of the Goldfish when Lord Hawk forgot about her after the winter freeze.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dragon's Wife Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos