Sunday, April 13, 2014

Katherine: Narrative 17

Posted by Unknown at 6:11 AM
                I wake up resting on top of the covers and stretch my arms over my head.  I roll from side to side with my arms stretched up to loosen my back before I step out of bed.  I lift my shirt to my nose to smell how badly in need of cleaning my clothes are.  They should be fine for a little more wear before they need to be washed again.  I do not even bother to make the bed; I do straighten out some of the winkles from lying atop the covers.
                I walk over to the mirror atop the chest of drawers in my room and begin raking my fingers through my hair to brush out any tangles that may be in my hair.  It doesn’t get all of them but my hair looks better than when I first woke up.  I’m willing to bet that Thalia and Chaud are still sore with me but that’s okay because I feel the same towards them. 
I wonder if Ravager is still sore about me calling him my pet Scruffles as I make my way toward the kitchen. I doubt he’d have held on to that for too long, he seems more preoccupied with other things that to still be holding on to that.  I stare over to where he is hovering in the shadows of the hallway.
“What are you doing out here?” I ask him.
“Eating…” his voice hisses from the shadows.  “You all have the most delicious nightmares.”
“Fair enough,” I answer.  “I’m going to make myself some bacon then.”
I turn and leave him in the hallway to finish his breakfast of the dreams the others.  I had not even noticed really that I haven’t had a single nightmare in the company of Ravager.  It is really nice to not have those to bother me when I rest, with everything that has happened so far I would be a mess. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dragon's Wife Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos