Sunday, June 29, 2014

Tavi: Discovery 10

Posted by Unknown at 6:05 AM
"What is your quarrel with me?"
"I am Despair, this world has been blanketed for years in the absence of The Keeper.  My people live blissful lives of ignorance that I cannot allow you to destroy."
"Ignorance is no blissful life," I hear my mother's words from my mouth.  "A world without knowledge and stories is an empty life."
"It's been the life for many.  The One was able to run their lives without them knowing better.  The Angels were able to bring their war here using the blind ignorance of the masses.  People need to be led, not to make their own choices."
"You're wrong.  People need knowledge to make their own decisions.  They aren't pawns and tools for the desires of others but the makers of their own destinies!"
"Ha!  You think that you can overcome me?  That you can overcome the reality of how the world works?  I have seen dragons born and forgotten.  I have seen the world saved and their saviors names lost like dust in the wind.  Time always takes memories away.  Chipping away at the truth until it is completely forgotten."
I hear a crumbling behind me and turn to see my mother beginning to crack like a porcelain doll.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dragon's Wife Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos