Sunday, June 22, 2014

Zoee: Reality 6

Posted by Unknown at 8:33 AM
I finish off the meal and start peaking through the cabinets in the kitchen which are all empty.  Cody must have already sold or taken things to Salvation Army.
"Well," I announce as I close a cabinet door. "I'm going to try a shower in the master bathroom since I haven't been in there yet."
I bounce down the hallway excitedly. I'm anxious to see into the rooms closed off to me in my past.  As I open the door to the master bedroom, the curtains in this room almost seem thicker than those in the rest of the house. The only thing in this room is a large Persian rug lying on the center of the hardwood floor.  I see the open door with tile flooring and head in that direction to explore the master bathroom. Pushing past the door, room is covered in white tiles. A white sink and a white claw foot tub with a white shower curtain hanging on a white rod encircling above the tub.  At the center of the ceiling above the tub there are two white hoops.  You can see the difference of sun exposure on the wall from where a mirror used to rest.  With how white the bathroom is, it still is quite dark with no window to let in light and no light coming from the bedroom. I head back to steal a lit candle from the mantle.  When I get back to the living room, I notice that all of the candles are no longer lit. I look along the mantle but cannot seem to find matches anywhere.
"Hey Cody! Can I get a light for one of these candles? It's way too dark in there to shower without one."
Cody comes from the back hallway where his room used to be with a towel in hand and a smile on his face.
"Don't forget, there's no electricity so there won't be any warm water."
"I think somehow I'll make due. Say, what are those hoops for above the bathtub? Any clue?"
"Um," his face turns a shade of red as he lights a candle on the mantle. "I, go take your shower."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dragon's Wife Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos