Sunday, August 3, 2014

Holly: Ascension 13

Posted by Unknown at 5:45 AM
"I know that I love your daughter."  Thomas answers looking directly into the stone cold grey eyes of my mother.  "I will protect her, bring happiness and light into her life as she brings into mine.  I will carry her through dark times and celebrate with her in the good.  I will care for her in illness, learning and laughing at anything life brings our way."
"That's sweet," she says with a half smile.  "So you've half thought it through."
"Half thought it through?" my dad and I both ask.
Mother drops her head to her chest for a moment as she sighs, but the hand holding the boulder remains in place, "Do you understand what I'm speaking of Thomas?"
"The family truth?" his voice clearly showing he's uncertain if that is what she's referring to.
"You're on the right train of thought," she turns to my dad.  "Can you get this?  It's starting to hurt."
"I got it," Thomas stands up and takes the boulder from my mother's hand.
"Thanks sweetie," she gives him a genuine smile as she shakes the sore from her wrist.  "Just think about it, alright?  Don't let it sneak up and catch you off guard.  Though I think you'd be perfect for the position."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Dragon's Wife Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos